Agronomy Research Group (ARG) is an independent consultancy provider, who are passionate about product research and development while taking great care and consideration of the environmental impact. We take pride on our flexibility and are happy to discuss any potential testing and where necessary designing bespoke procedures to meet our customers’ exact demands.
ARG was founded in 2017 as a subsidiary to HITAS. ARG’s work in collaboration with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation has resulted in numerous Masters by Research projects being completed to date. This university led research has given HITAS a wealth of expertise which we incorporate into our product development program.
ARG’s key objectives are to research and develop innovative solutions in amenity turf, horticulture and agriculture industries. To date, such projects have included:
- Methods of water conservation for the horticulture, agriculture and amenity industries.
- The use of smartphone technology to facilitate the effective use of turfgrass agronomy on site in remote locations where traditional agronomy services are unavailable.
- Digital image analysis of annual meadow grass.
- Water conservation treatments to maintain plant health within water limiting environments.
- Essential oils for plant wellbeing.